I don't know why people blog. Is it because:
1. They are bored and don't know how else to kill time
2. Want a medium to express their views be it personal, social, political, sports or current affairs
3. To vent out their frustration. Rant, blah, ramble, swear etc.
4. Those with literary aspirations use this as a platform (be it writing, poetry or even photography)
5. It's cool to have a blog
6. Networking. Want to be in touch with family/friends/acquaintances/fellow bloggers
7. Record their lives and experiences. A public diary.
8. To tell the world how well they can cook?
There could be more. Me just thinking aloud.
I started blogging for just one reason: #7
But with time #2, #3 and #6 jumped in.
And today I proudly introduce you to the latest joinee: #1
Yes, that's what this post is about. I've got absolutely nothing to do. So here I am.
As I write, my wife and baby are guest of honors at a big family gathering hosted on their behalf. It's a celebration usually done when the baby is forty days old. No clue why. But they do it. My baby is two months old (touchwood). They had to delay the function for some reason.
So it's happening today. What's really weird is I could not attend. For some reason I had to stay put. I still don't know why. And I can't believe I'm sitting here typing this post rather than be by my wife's side holding my adorable little baby. Will never be able to get over this. I've written numerous times about my baby and how much I miss the little kiddo. This was my chance to spend a quick weekend with them and I've missed it. This regret is gonna be with me for a long time.
For now, all I can resort to is write a post about it and continue feeling super-miserable.
p.s. My last five post titles have started with a T!!!! WHY?
Can't help it
4 days ago