Sunday, October 28, 2007

Should'nt I be doing some thing as well?

The wedding has created such a stir in my family. All of a sudden, all tasks are P1. My dad, who is in India for the last 15 days, and if we go by the speed of his preparations, maybe thinks the wedding is...next week! He's got the travelling taken care off - both, train reservations and cars, wedding hall - booked, head chef - booked (and I am sure the menu as well, though I cannot confirm that just yet), invitation cards - in the printing press, hotel accommodation for the guests - booked, renovations to our ancestral home - started.... (and I am sure the list is longer! He's back this Friday and I will get to know more).

My eldest sister-in-law has asked for services of her elder brother (who is a fashion designer) for the wedding and reception dresses for herself and for my nephew, who is 4! My other sister-in-law spends 2 hrs in the market every day checking out what's hot on the fashion scene. And my sister, who is currently in India, calls me every day to discuss what she thinks we should do with the bride's dress, make-up, travelling plans etc. My mom, oh well, like all other moms, is coordinating the whole thing.

All this when we have a good 3 months to go. Frankly, I begin to wonder....isn't there something that I should be doing as well?

2 comments:

Iya said...

yes i know what u shud be doing - - just keeping quite and let the momentum going.
and dont forget to say yeses and ahems at all the right places :)

Masood said...

haha...now that is some really valuable advice, Iya! Straight from the horse's mouth :)