Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Pissed off!!!!

Yesterday was, by far, the most disappointing day of my short professional life.

Like all sales job, my job also involves closing business and generating revenue for the organization. And once a deal closes, I get a percentage of that deal as my commission. Fair.

I closed a relatively large deal three weeks back that accounted for close to 20% of my yearly target. Now, in the industry that I cover, the region, market dynamics, and the competition, this deal was very important for me in order to achieve my quota for the year. Everything seemed settled with the order booked, license certificates generated and product shipped to the end user - it was time for me to claim the commission on this. And, out of the blue, one 'xyz' sales person comes into the picture and takes credit for the deal, claims the commission and walks off - and with the management endorsing him!

What about me? What about the four months I spent on this? What about my efforts?

Organization rules and policies they say. They are not wrong.

I still want to say, "Screw you!!!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

YOUR STATE SOUNDS SIMILAR DUDE, ONCE SOMEBODY TOLD BE A SALES JOB IS LIKE WORKING IN A W#$*E-HOUSE, THE CUSTOMER ASKS YOU TO DO EVRYTHING AND IN THE END NO APPRECIATION, HAHAHA, BAAKI SAB KHAIRIYAT HAI

Masood said...

LOL
And it sure is frustrating!

Iya said...

how come??the masood i know doesnt take Shit...

Masood said...

Iya - Remember, back in OD, we used to hear about our tech reps fighting with the field when they took (read: Stole) deals from the tech reps. Something like that happened with me as well. And, at the end of the day, they carry the larger number so I got vetoed into submission!